Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Fraps compatibility?

06-14-2013, 07:28 AM
RE: Fraps compatibility?
I'll try changing the thread settings after work today.

I wonder if it might also be to do with audio? I've got 5.1 surround, which I've been recording with no downmixing in both Fraps and RadeonPro.

I'll post back later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't think so, I'm also recording with 6 channel audio.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
06-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Ok, so with 4 processing threads there was no change - I still got 40-45fps. With 3 processing threads I got even worse performance at 35-40fps.

Is there something I can do to provide more verbose information about how the software is behaving on my system?
06-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Do you have MSI Afterburner installed? You might try recording some videos using similar settings in MSI AB to see if its MJPEG encoder performs better.

If MSI AB encoder performs on par with RP encoder it might indicate a CPU bound condition.

06-15-2013, 02:15 PM
I installed MSI Afterburner as you suggested and when I used the MJPG encoder on 100% quality with a 60fps recording framerate I got 45-50fps in-game.

However, when I told MSI Afterburner to record uncompressed, I got a solid 60fps in-game.
06-18-2013, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 05:55 PM by John.)
RadeonPro also features a RAW recorder, it can be enabled by editing \Documents\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RadeonPro\Config.xml file. If you wanna try it, open that file and search for <var id="MovieFormat" value="0" /> and change 0 to 1.

Be warned though: the RAW encoder was not tested thoroughly.

PS: if you open RadeonPro settings after you made that change and change any other configuration, the encoding will revert to MJPEG.

06-19-2013, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 05:56 PM by morbiD.)
Well I gave that a shot but it didn't go so well Big Grin

It recorded for a few seconds and then the game crashed to desktop. I tried it with a couple of different games too.

I didn't notice a framerate drop before the crashes, but the video filesize was huge - nearly 1GB per second of footage.

Therefore, I thought the crash might be down to the hard disk not being able to write fast enough, so I tried recording at 1/2 size and it no longer crashed, but the video came out completely black.
06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, told ya Tongue

BTW, there is a bug with 1/2 size, try recording at 720p and see how it works for you.