Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

[Info inside] Psuedo-Recording; Stutter Bug Fix

06-16-2013, 08:52 PM
[Info inside] Psuedo-Recording; Stutter Bug Fix
I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

Background info:

Some folk have experienced this wierd stuttering that, even though the framerate is at a level where everything should be silky smooth (30-120; depends on the person 'n' setup), certain games still stutter.

Bethesda's games do this to quite a few folk, though it is more pronounced in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. Skyrim seems to have solved the issue for some.

Solution:

The fix? By sheer hot-key stupidity, I accidentally pressed my hotkey for recording gameplay. Tah-dah! The stuttering was gone! Silky smooth framerates are mine!

Downside:

The issue with keeping RadeonPro on indefinite record, is that it can eat up HDD space and, for those without a secondary hard drive, performance.

What I recommend is a psuedo-recording. I.E, the frames are captured 'n' guff, but when it gets to writing to the hard drive, the written file is perpetually deleted/not made at all.

I tried to do something similar by making an automated batch file that empties the folder of my RadeonPro recordings every 1 minute, but it does't work due to the file being used by RadeonPro.

I don't know how possible this could be, but it'd be a significant boon for me; I love the Fallout games, so being able to play them smoothly would be fabulous.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Info inside] Psuedo-Recording; Stutter Bug Fix - MajinCry - 06-16-2013 08:52 PM