Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Bioshock infinite crashes AMD Radeon HD 7750

04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
It seems that im not able to get Bioshock Infinite stable. Im using 64bits windows with 13.3 beta drivers and under standing configuration. It runs smooth for about 20 min and then it freezes and turns back to the desktop. I have tried everything. new drivers, old drivers, standard windows drivers, different configurations etc.. What is see happening is that even when i turn everything on low settings (GPU usage 45%) that all of a suddens the screen freezes GPU goes to 99% and phoof there goes bioshock.
Can anybody tell me what goes wrong and if i can solve this with RadeonPro?

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) uATX
AMD FX-6100
8GB geheugen DDR5
HASUS Radeon HD 7750-V2 1 GB
Antec 430 PSU
Realtek onboard sound
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: Bioshock infinite crashes AMD Radeon HD 7750
Have had lots of problems with this game also. It does not seem to handle the clocks I'm using in other games, so I had to scale back on my overclock.

If you want to use RadeonPro with Bioshock you need to use the 30.march build, all other build did not work for me.
Also I suggest to turn of frame lock in the game and use Dynamic Framerate Control (Under tweaks, just choose Always off in the VSync control drop-down).

Set it at the framerate you think the card can handle (depending on quality settings)
04-01-2013, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 06:07 PM by ToniSirReal.)
Tried but still hangs. Also triple buffering seems not to switch off

Gpu usage on the time of the crash is only 56%
04-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Im learning now that it 'just' might be a buggy game and that irrational games should fix this. Hopefully soon, although i already ordered a new videocard Sapphire 7750 instead of the asus, cause i first thought it was the hardware.
04-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Welll, it seems 'just' a broken videocard! i returned the ASUS 7750 V2 back to the store and replaced it with a Sapphire 7750. Het game runs pretty smooth on all ultra!
04-05-2013, 01:15 AM
That was unexpected, but glad you got it sorted out.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features