Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Please release the source

06-07-2014, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 07:00 AM by Coldblackice.)
Please release the source
John, please release the source to RadeonPro so someone else can continue the project.

It's not fair to the community of followers who have followed and donated to RP's continuing development, particularly in the last year as we've waited for the new release. Especially now, with the radical driver changes being implemented with AMD and Mantle.

Please don't just let this whither and die like some abandoned pet.
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: Please release the source
(06-07-2014 06:59 AM)Coldblackice Wrote:  John, please release the source to RadeonPro so someone else can continue the project.

It's not fair to the community of followers who have followed and donated to RP's continuing development, particularly in the last year as we've waited for the new release. Especially now, with the radical driver changes being implemented with AMD and Mantle.

Please don't just let this whither and die like some abandoned pet.

John, I have to agree here. I use RadeonPro with literally every game I play (and I have about 300 on Steam alone!), and Infinity sounded like it would have had everything I wished for. I know you and I talked about your work with Raptr, but does this mean that you can't opensource RP?
I love your work, you know I do... but someone else taking over the reigns could be really beneficial, especially to those of us who donated to the development of Infinity (or RadeonPro 2, as it used to be known lol).

So I, like so many others, am begging for you to release the source. I barely know anything about software coding, but hell, I would even give it a shot if it meant that this invaluable tool can continue on.

Please, let us give it new life.
07-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Another post here asking for this to be released (or at least have the torch handed off to someone else). This is such a great project, and there needs to be something to compete with the likes of NVIDIA's utilities (ShadowPlay, for example).
07-22-2014, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 02:17 PM by John.)
Sorry, that's not going to happen.

No need to discuss it further.

PS: From the very beginning I always has been clear about RP being closed source software
http://www.radeonpro.info/manual/frequen...ource-code

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
Thread Closed