Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Radeonpro with enb?

12-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Radeonpro with enb?
Is it possible to use RadeonPro with ENB ?

The game I'm trying is Vampire Bloodlines but When Radeonpro is enabled and enb files are present inside the game directory, the game freezes as soon as the game start menu appears and enb complains about something.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to have enb with radeonpro?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Radeonpro with enb?
Probably it's not compatible.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
12-28-2013, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 04:21 PM by Jynxx.)
Actually, I think it is. They both use the dx9 hook, but there is a proxy function within the ENB ini file. Since RadeonPro only uses the d3d9.dll for SweetFX (I assume? All other settings are CCC hacks, right?), the proxy should work for it. I got this info from another site, and it was talking about using it for a specific game, but the info I got should really apply for any game.

Basically, the ENBseries allows use of multiple d3d9.dll via its proxy library. You want to rename RadeonPro/SweetFXs d3d9.dll to another .dll filename (like RPd3d9.dll), then open the enbseries.ini file (I use notepad to edit it, let me know if you need to know how to open it with notepad) and change the first section to look like this:
Code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=RPd3d9.dll
Another method would be to use the INJECTOR instead of the WRAPPER version, which is what I am assuming you are using. The wrapper version contains the d3d9.dll file, and the injector version uses the enbseries.dll file instead of the d3d9.dll file by injecting the enbseries.dll directly into the process. Similar to an FXAA injector or the Large Address Aware hack.
To use this method you need to first find out which version of ENBseries you are using. It will be displayed in top left of your screen when you launch the game. I believe it is in red or yellow font color. Then go to the official ENBseries website and download the version you want. In your main game folder delete ENBseries d3d9.dll file and copy the files "ENBInjector.exe" "enbinjector.ini" and "enbseries.dll" from the newly downloaded Injector version and paste them into your game folder and then copy back in the d3d9.dll file for RadeonPro/SweetFX. You'll have to run the "ENBInjector.exe" file when you run your game otherwise ENB won't be loaded / injected.

These methods should work for any game that uses ENB that you want to also run RadeonPro/SweetFX in.
Here is the official ENB site: http://enbdev.com/index_en.html
And the URL for the generic injector (you should always look under your specific game first though): http://enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm
And here is the ENB for the OP's game specifically: http://enbdev.com/download_mod_vampblood.htm
Hope this helps! And if it works (I haven't tried it, but I did have to run two versions of ENB on Skyrim and I used the first method and it worked perfect), John, feel free to make this a sticky-icky-icky. Tongue
12-28-2013, 04:41 PM
RadeonPro does not use d3d9.dll

12-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Doesn't it have to? I thought that SweetFX only works with a d3d9 hook?
So, if it doesn't use d3d9.dll at all, then why would it be incompatible with ENB?
01-12-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 03:49 PM by Jynxx.)
So after some snooping into how things work with SweetFX, it looks like when RadeonPro uses it that it defaults to the SweetFX folder, and uses it's contents instead of the way that SweetFX does it, via an injector. But, this is also where the d3d9.dll comes in. It uses the default folder within it's own structure to process the filters, which includes the d3d9.dll. After doing some research on it, it appears that SweetFX requires it to run it's filters no matter what.

So, the first method that I posted, may or may not work. You would have to go into the SweetFX folder that you are using (mine is D:\Downloads\SweetFX1.4\) and change the info there. That MIGHT break SweetFX though, so my advice would be to try the second method, which is the ENB injector rather than the wrapper.
Also, I am not sure how d3d9.dll works, but since the d3d9.dll is NOT in the game directory itself, it MAY be possible to run them both independently. The ENB would use the d3d9.dll from it's wrapper IN the game directory, and SweetFX would use the d3d9.dll in it's own directory via RadeonPro.

If anyone can test these methods, please post your results! If my method(s) work, John may make this a sticky for people who want to use both. I personally can never get ENB to work correctly, although I must admit my only experience has been with Skyrim. No matter what preset I used, it made my games ridiculously dark. So again, if anyone else can post their results, that would be peachy :-)
01-12-2014, 04:23 PM
You can delete d3d9.dll from SweetFX folder and SweetFX shaders will still work in RadeonPro.

01-15-2014, 11:43 AM
(01-12-2014 04:23 PM)John Wrote:  You can delete d3d9.dll from SweetFX folder and SweetFX shaders will still work in RadeonPro.

That's awesome! How does it work, if you don't mind me asking? Everything I read says that it needs to use the d3d9.dll as a hook. If RadeonPro doesn't need to use it, would it be possible to run SweetFX 1.5 and RadeonPro at the same time, if you disable SweetFX in RadeonPro?

Also, since RadeonPro doesn't need to use d3d9.dll, using it with the ENB wrapper should work. Either way, you may want to try and use the injector first and see if that works.