Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Movie Capture Function / Sound Problem

11-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Exclamation Movie Capture Function / Sound Problem
First of fall: A "Thank You" for everyone who's developing and/or supporting Radeon Pro. Incidentally, it's a shame that this is widely unknown!

I've tried using the Movie Capture Function. And it runs quite good! The impact on the hardware performance is very small and the pictures I get are goodl. But it doesn't record my sound! It doesn't matter if I check or uncheck the "Record windows sound"-box.

I've got a AMD Radeon HD 6970 with a Windows 64bit system. Does anybody have the answer to my problem? Thanks in advance!

Moody
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Movie Capture Function / Sound Problem
You're welcome Smile

RadeonPro records default Windows sound output aka what you hearing. What player are you using to play movies recorded by RadeonPro? Can you try different video players? Also, which games did you try to record?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
11-05-2013, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 08:26 PM by Moody.)
Oh, sorry I've forgot to mention which game I wanted to record... It's Battlefield 3. Incidentally, I did not tried it on a another game yet. Will possibly do it now!

By the way, I was using the VLC Player to play the videofile and I've dragged the file into Adobe Premiere Pro (Videoediting Software) where no audio has been detected (not even a audiotrack without any sound! It seems like RadeonPro doesn't even try to record audio Big Grin)

EDIT: IT IS WORKING NOW. SORRY WAS MY FAULT!

Off-Topic: Since Nvidia's Shadowplay got much attention in recent days I would recommend to make this Movie Capture Function a more central role in RadeonPro. Just a suggestion though!
11-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Would you mind to share what you did to fix it? Tongue

Yeah, like NVidia's Shadowplay, MSI Afterburner is going to have such background recording feature too and RadeonPro will surely follow, just don't know when that feature is going to make its first appearance... have lots of things to do first.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
11-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:Would you mind to share what you did to fix it?

Well, Adobe Premiere doesn't recognize the Audio. The Video is black too. A shame but there is a fast solution. Just use VirtualDub to export it as uncompressed AVI. Although I don't know why it didn't worked with VLC for me the first time. Smile