Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Enable Ambient Occlusion in "The Witcher (1)"

11-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Enable Ambient Occlusion in "The Witcher (1)"
Hi there,

since there is no predefined AO profile for "The Witcher(1)" within the current RadeonPro build, I was wondering if anyone got AO to work with the game anyways?

If I just enable AO with the default profile, AO strangely works in the main menu, casting a shadow around certain background objects and the text/logos. It does, however, NOT work in actual ingame-scenes.

I found the following picture, showing the NVidiaInspector settings with which ambient occlusion actually works in the game. Maybe someone can read some information from it, with which I could AO get to work with RadeonPro?

[Image: 367B7053C07B661F804BBC264F3C22C9EC3EB82A]

I already tried to use the AO-compatibility bitflags in the game's AO profile, the result however remains the same, with AO only working in the menu.

Any ideas, suggestions, or information on how to setup the AO profile to make AO working ingame?

Thanks alot in advance Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 05:49 PM by John.)
RE: Enable Ambient Occlusion in "The Witcher (1)"
AO in NVIDIA cards is completely different thing, those bits cannot be used on RadeonPro.

It seems you already have AO working, try changing depth buffer index (probably it's 0 now). Try 1 as depth buffer index and see what happens.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
11-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the quick answer.

I already tried to set the bufferindex to 1, AO is gone completely then, even from the menu. Should I try to further increase the bufferindex? If so, is there any limit beyond which I dont need to go? Or is it rather pure luck to find the right BufferIndex?

thanks again
11-02-2013, 06:07 PM
You can increase it and see what happens. Yes, it's pure luck.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features