Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

RadeonPro Support Service

10-28-2013, 04:16 PM
RadeonPro Support Service
What functionality does this provide? I need to lower my system overhead and would prefer disable it. Is RadeonPro running anything else on my system?

Thank you very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: RadeonPro Support Service
Why do you think the service overloads your system?

The service is needed for registry access.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
10-29-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 03:41 AM by Caribou007.)
(10-28-2013 09:49 PM)John Wrote:  Why do you think the service overloads your system?

I don't have system resources to spare. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if these things are running, they are using CPU cycles and cache, which affects the responsiveness of the system.

(10-28-2013 09:49 PM)John Wrote:  The service is needed for registry access.

I don't use any hotkeys and game-specific profiles, scripts, launchers, or triggers. I understand those features would not work without something supporting them. I assume that thing would be either RadeonProSupport.exe or RadeonPro Support Service.

I would like to set the service's startup type to Manual so it won't start unless I run RadeonPro.exe, and to prevent RadeonProSupport.exe running on startup. Should that be ok? Update: I tried it, and RadeonPro.exe just won't run without this service running, so I suppose I'll keep it enabled. Perhaps I will make use of the screenshot, movie and benchmarking features.

Should the features configured within the Visual, Advanced and Tweaks tabs still function properly without anything actually running, i.e. if I enable Direct3D Triple Buffering, Anisotropic Optimization, and Advanced Catalyst A.I and set the Mipmap Quality to High Performance, when I restart the system, those settings will persist and still be effective in-game?
10-30-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm afraid not my friend. Radeonpro applies those settings on the startup of the application for each and every application that you have a profile for. Now if you apply those settings to the global profile and then restart your machine. Those settings should still be applied, those settings are stored in the registry and a saved and loaded by the drivers on shutdown and startup.

Be aware that while those settings shouldn't normally change there are other programs that might change them. The Catalyst Control Center, most official benchmarking tools, RadeonPro, etcetera.