Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

[Catalyst Software Suite] Are any of the these things included with RadeonPro?

10-28-2013, 04:11 PM
[Catalyst Software Suite] Are any of the these things included with RadeonPro?
  • AMD APP SDK Runtime
  • AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding
  • AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding
  • AMD Media Foundation Decoders

Hello. ^Just wanted to confirm that if I install RadeonPro and the driver for my videocard, I still won't get the functionally of these things unless I install them from Catalyst Software Suite. I don't know if I use any of these, anyway. I watch videos with VLC and broadcast games with OBS. Does AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding help with that?

And it seems RadeonPro does not include some options, such as:
  • Adaptive Anti-Aliasing (!!)
  • Image scaling, (for scaling and stretching video to fit higher resolution monitors using the video card hardware, (does doing that create system overhead or is the work isolated to a dedicated chip?))
  • In-game colour management, (this seems to be missing from recent versions of CCC too)
  • Display rotation
  • Multi-display management

I was hoping RadeonPro would be a complete replacement for AMD VISION Control Center/CCC, because I don't want to have to open up CCC and have it conflicting settings with RadeonPro.

Thank you very much.

P.S: When I registered, I wasn't given the option to accurately specify my video card, as the HD2000 and HD3000 series are not available for selection. I have a Sapphire HD3850 512MB AGP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: [Catalyst Software Suite] Are any of the these things included with RadeonPro?
No, RadeonPro is not meant to be a CCC replacement and never will. Those AMD stuff are installed by Catalyst Suite.

Adaptive anti-aliasing can be set at Visual tab, can't remember if the name is different with HD 3000 series.

Other functions you mentioned can be set using CCC.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
10-29-2013, 02:49 AM
RE: [Catalyst Software Suite] Are any of the these things included with RadeonPro?
(10-28-2013 09:52 PM)John Wrote:  No, RadeonPro is not meant to be a CCC replacement and never will. Those AMD stuff are installed by Catalyst Suite.

Adaptive anti-aliasing can be set at Visual tab, can't remember if the name is different with HD 3000 series.

Other functions you mentioned can be set using CCC.

Found it. It's available under Anti-Aliasing Mode. The default is Multi-Sample, but then there is Adaptive (Performance) and Adaptive (Quality). I didn't look too closely at that, because I don't use anti-aliasing anyway, and I didn't know that you had to have anti-aliasing enabled for transparency anti-aliasing to work. The way this is shown on RadeonPro is clearer than how it's shown on CCC.