Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

CryENGINE 3 (and suggestion)

10-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Brick CryENGINE 3 (and suggestion)
CryEngine 3 doesn't run perfectly on my 5970. Something to do with deferred rendering techniques used. So it would be handy if I had RadeonPro working for CryEngine 3. However it doesn't seemed to want to play with that engine, specifically Star Citizen. Anyone got RandeonPro doing its good stuff for Star Citizen? If it just won't work how about a minor patch.

Also a further interesting and probably difficult to implement suggestion:
Many games/engines have console commands that can be used to get the settings you want. If RadeonPro could handle automatically editing all the commands one wanted at the appropriate time that would be rather excellent. Problem is console commands are implemented very differently between games... from pop out windows to quick in game instant consoles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: CryENGINE 3 (and suggestion)
Most CryEngine 3 games, including Crysis 3, work fine with RadeonPro. Star Citizen seems to be a MMO and most MMO games use a launcher that starts the game using elevated privileges which in turn defeats detection by RadeonPro. If you want to use RadeonPro with such games you need to start RadeonPro with elevated privileges as well.

By the way that limitation doesn't exist with newer RadeonPro. However the new version is no where near to be released at the moment 'cause my development rig is dead since early September.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply