Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

All the AA options - questions

09-25-2013, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 12:04 PM by Jynxx.)
All the AA options - questions
First, I have to say... I have a Radeon HD 7990, and wasn't overly happy with the performance of the games I was playing.... until I used RadeonPro. I mean.... man. It literally unlocks the full potential of my card, and makes ALL my games look amazing, especially when you tweak a lot of the SweetFX settings. THANK YOU for such a wonderful program!!!!

That being said, I want to know more about the AA options. Normally, I check them all and set everything to Ultra and it works fine, but after reading about what AA options do what (FXAA, MLAA, etc.), I am wondering if maybe some of them were cancelling each other out?
For instance, should I turn off FXAA when I use MLAA? Or turn off SMAA -and- FXAA? Or can I check all three? What is the advantage of using one over the other, or of using all three?

Also, which is better... 16xEQ, or 8xEQ with CFAA on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: All the AA options - questions
You're welcome, Jynxx Smile

No, all post-processing AA modes can be used together (and can be coupled with in-game MSAA modes as well when available) in almost all games, however results can be worse than using just one AA filter.

Most people say SMAA gives FXAA level quality with less blur, you should experiment with them (remember FXAA and SMAA can be turned on/off by pressing their hotkeys) to see which one matches your taste.

For all default AA modes, I suggest you to read this thread at Guru3D forums:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=350890

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
09-26-2013, 03:35 AM
RE: All the AA options - questions
Indeed I shall, thanks.

Oh, and I totally forgot about hotkeys! D'oh! lol