Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Little info about Radeon PRO

09-11-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 10:52 PM by giuseppepilot86.)
Little info about Radeon PRO
Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and new to radeon pro.
I discovered this software by searching on the internet a tool similar to the old and not supported anymore ati tray tools, to let me change some hidden options on the catalyst software like the flip queue size and a few others settings, and most importantly, to have running only one program to get rid of the catalyst..
My question is: I always used to have a single profile loaded, just like a global profile that I use for every title I play. So I tried to create this profile on the GLOBAL section at the first page in radeon pro and it works just fine, but I noticed that, at every reboot of the system, I need to open the radeon pro screen and click on GLOBAL to activate it, so it doesn' t load automatically at startup. I know this is not a big problem, just click on there and that' s it, but sometimes can happen that I forget to do this and then I end up playing without my profile loaded.
So, my easy question is: is it possible to have the GLOBAL profile loaded automatically at system startup without the need to open the radeon pro interface screen and select it manually every time?
Thank you very much..

Edit: for the truth I have another quick question, this is a very good piece of software, very intuitive and easy to use, but I don' t understand which running mode I have to choose, if 32 bit or 32/64bit.... I have Win 7 64 bit on my pc, what' s the difference between the 2 available modes? Thanks again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 10:46 PM by giuseppepilot86.)
RE: Little info about Radeon PRO
No one can help me sorting out my doubts? Sad
09-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Hey there, I'll give a go at answering some of your questions.

First up on Catalyst, the first thing you should know that while RadeonPro has an impressive range of features it is not a Replacement for Catalyst. It lacks all of the Desktop Management, Display settings and Video features that Catalyst provides access to. I for instance need Catalyst for some display scaling on one of my monitors. Though admittedly this isn't an issue for some.

This wouldn't be the first time that people have had questions regarding The Global profile. When you change your Global settings make sure to hit the blue "Save Changes" button near the bottom or your changes won't be applied or saved. From the sounds of it though it seems that it simply isn't applying the settings on start up, which is odd. I know for a fact that my global profile loads every time I reboot, so perhaps you are running it with Admin Privileges? If so stop, this version of Radeonpro doesn't currently play nice with applying settings to different user accounts(other then the one its currently running as).

Oh just launch radeonpro normally, the 64 bit radeonpro works automatically.
09-12-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 08:44 AM by giuseppepilot86.)
(09-12-2013 06:14 AM)Aether Wrote:  Hey there, I'll give a go at answering some of your questions.

First up on Catalyst, the first thing you should know that while RadeonPro has an impressive range of features it is not a Replacement for Catalyst. It lacks all of the Desktop Management, Display settings and Video features that Catalyst provides access to. I for instance need Catalyst for some display scaling on one of my monitors. Though admittedly this isn't an issue for some.

This wouldn't be the first time that people have had questions regarding The Global profile. When you change your Global settings make sure to hit the blue "Save Changes" button near the bottom or your changes won't be applied or saved. From the sounds of it though it seems that it simply isn't applying the settings on start up, which is odd. I know for a fact that my global profile loads every time I reboot, so perhaps you are running it with Admin Privileges? If so stop, this version of Radeonpro doesn't currently play nice with applying settings to different user accounts(other then the one its currently running as).

Oh just launch radeonpro normally, the 64 bit radeonpro works automatically.

Thanks for your reply Aether.
Yes I press the blue save changes, but even after that, if I reboot I need to manually select the profile again.
Anyway, i don't like CCC, so I prefer to live without it, and fortunately I don' t have scaling problems I need to adjust, so I would like to keep Radeon Pro alone.
I will try to reinstall the graphics drivers and then radeon pro, to see if it works this time. Regarding the user privileges, I have my user account disabled, so it shouldn' t matter if I run it as administrator or not. I will try.
Thanks again Shy
09-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Read this - http://forum.radeonpro.info/bug-reports/...cumstances

I think it is the same problem but i don't know if it is caused by some OS settings or it is bug in RadeonPro itself.