Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Necessary to uninstall RadeonPro with driver updates?

09-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Necessary to uninstall RadeonPro with driver updates?
I'm about to update to 13.10 beta's -- is it necessary to uninstall RadeonPro and reinstall it after the new drivers have finished installing?

I always do a "deep" cleaning of drivers before I put on new ones, typically using Atiman (although I might try the "DDU" utility this time). As such, I always get paranoid that such a deep cleaning will have somehow tampered with RP's configuration/setup/abilities in interfacing with the card and driver, and so I uninstall/reinstall both RP and Afterburner.

Is this at all necessary? Is there any benefit either way?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 08:47 AM by AMADO.)
RE: Necessary to uninstall RadeonPro with driver updates?
(09-07-2013 05:28 AM)Coldblackice Wrote:  I'm about to update to 13.10 beta's -- is it necessary to uninstall RadeonPro and reinstall it after the new drivers have finished installing?

I always do a "deep" cleaning of drivers before I put on new ones, typically using Atiman (although I might try the "DDU" utility this time). As such, I always get paranoid that such a deep cleaning will have somehow tampered with RP's configuration/setup/abilities in interfacing with the card and driver, and so I uninstall/reinstall both RP and Afterburner.

Is this at all necessary? Is there any benefit either way?

Hey i just did everything u said above and it seems like RP is not working anymore for me with BF3, could it be that 13.10beta is not supported?
Using Windows 7 x64
09-07-2013, 10:58 AM
No, but it's recommended to finish RadeonPro before installing new drivers, then restart it after the new driver is installed.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
09-07-2013, 11:54 AM
So how can it be that it is not working anymore? beside the fps counter there is no osd and the settings are not applied anymore.
What i actually did was deinstalling the driver also cleaning left behind files with "Drive sweeper", Installed the new driver and deinstalled RP and than reinstalled it.
So what did i do wrong that its not working anymore? if you say its not the driver than it must be on my end hope you can help me to fix this. I really like this program want to make it my no.1 app for games Smile
09-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I was replying to OP. In your case you need to check for other possible issues with other OSD tools (e.g. Fraps) and/or check if you're running Origin and BF3 with normal user privileges (i.e. not running them with admin privileges)

09-07-2013, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 01:33 PM by AMADO.)
Oh its ok Smile i just reinstalled rp and now everything works fine with 13.10 i have no idea what have made this i also deactivated origin overlay but i doubt that was the problem. But now it works, just like before thx anyways for any help Smile

EDIT: I think i found the problem behind it, the rp service was stopped for any reason i had to restart it again after a retart rp didn't work again now after i started the service everything is fine ^^
09-07-2013, 05:44 PM
(09-07-2013 10:58 AM)John Wrote:  No, but it's recommended to finish RadeonPro before installing new drivers, then restart it after the new driver is installed.

Do you mean "recommended to finish installing RadeonPro" or "recommended to close RadeonPro"? I'm guessing you meant "close" RadeonPro before installing new drivers...?

(09-07-2013 01:28 PM)AMADO Wrote:  Oh its ok Smile i just reinstalled rp and now everything works fine with 13.10 i have no idea what have made this i also deactivated origin overlay but i doubt that was the problem. But now it works, just like before thx anyways for any help Smile

EDIT: I think i found the problem behind it, the rp service was stopped for any reason i had to restart it again after a retart rp didn't work again now after i started the service everything is fine ^^

So John -- is this^ evidence that it's necessary to reinstall RP whenever new drivers are installed?
09-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Finish = finish RadeonPro so it's removed from system tray. If you just close the window, it will remain running at background.

No, it's another problem not related at all with driver uninstall/install process.

09-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Gotcha, thanks for the info.

(09-07-2013 06:28 PM)John Wrote:  Finish = finish RadeonPro so it's removed from system tray. If you just close the window, it will remain running at background.

^Also, if I'm understanding your message correctly, just a minor suggestion -- a better English word to use here would be "exit" instead of "finish". "Finish" isn't used in terms of programs (if I'm understanding your intent correctly).

Thanks for the help, and all your great work!