Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

radeon pro dropped fps + stutter

08-12-2013, 04:43 PM
radeon pro dropped fps + stutter
so i got far cry 3 blood dragon and i downloaded and installed it without putting it in radeon pro and it ran very smooth on very high settings and only dipped below 60 fps with vsync in one heavily populated area....then i added it to radeon pro to see if i could optimize it a bit more and immediately i noticed the game had a terrible stutter issue and much lower fps than before it made the game unplayable by my standards because it would freeze for up to a second every now and then whereas it never did that before and looking off in some directions cause the fps to drop dramatically where they never did before. since that happened i uninstalled and re installed the game multiple times and have uninstalled and installed radeon pro over the course of a few days and restarting my computer every night so i know that's not the issue. finally i deleted the file that held my in game settings and re installed the game and my fps seem to be back to normal but the stutter is still there only greatly reduced and only happens every now and then but what bugs me is that it didn't even exist before so i have no idea what that's about

i have an Alienware M17xR4 with an AMD 7970M 12Gb RAM Quad Core i7-3630QM CPU windows7 64 running the newest bios and drivers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: radeon pro dropped fps + stutter
Hard to guess without a debug log and even with a debug log it might be impossible to know because RadeonPro wasn't tested at all in mobile chips.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply