Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Can "RadeonPro" cause a VAC ban?

08-04-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 04:05 PM by MayhemChaos.)
Can "RadeonPro" cause a VAC ban?
Hello.

I use the option "Tweaks": "Vsync Control" "Always On" on a profile for Counter-Strike Global Offensive. AMD Catalyst "Vsync" "Always ON" does not work with CS GO. And the game only allows Double buffering and triple buffering, which causes a lot of "input lag". That's why I use with RadeonPro "Vsync On" (NO double buffering NO triple buffering). Only Vsync is perfect.

My question is: Can "RadeonPro" cause a VAC ban? I do not want to be banned. Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Can "RadeonPro" cause a VAC ban?
Never heard of Steam VAC banning users because of RadeonPro, did you?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
08-04-2013, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 07:08 AM by MayhemChaos.)
Meaning that you "RadeonPro" can cause a VAC ban?

No, never heard that someone has been banned for use RadeonPro, alone and heard reumores of people that said they could cause one VAC ban.
But do not know if it's true. That's why I'm asking. I just want to use RadeonPro to force Vsync in the game CSGO. But I'm in doubt.

Can "VAC" detect that I have "RadeonPro" in execution, although the game is not on the profiles list?

Sorry my bad english.
08-05-2013, 09:12 PM
I guess VAC never kicked/banned anyone due to RadeonPro utilization during games protected by that anti-cheating mechanism.

I heard of Punkbuster kicking users of RadeonPro though, the error message is something like "Disallowed program/driver", not sure if PB is still kicking because of RadeonPro.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
08-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Great, your esponse leaves me much calmer. I think I will use RadeonPro with CS GO too.

I use RadeonPro with all games no steam, now also with VAC games. Is simply awesone.

Thanks a lot!