Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Radeon Pro not applying settings.

07-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Radeon Pro not applying settings.
I am trying to use Radeon Pro with Planetside 2, but it is not applying the settings even if I try it manually. I told RP to change the games priority, OC the card, launch another program, and various other settings and nothing happens. I have tried it with and without the launcher listed, but nothing changes. I have no idea why. Any help would be appreciated Smile
Lenovo Z585 AMD A10-4600m APU
6GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-Bit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Radeon Pro not applying settings.
Some games are started from launchers that may run the actual game's executable with different user privileges, mainly MMO games (like PS2) use that approach preventing RP to detect the game.

Also, keep in mind that APU and mobile chips are not currently fully supported.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I have already configured RP to also detect the launcher. As fat as the lack of APU support, that makes more sense. RP detects my APU accurately, but I guess I'll have to wait for further support. Is there a page containing a changelog and/or supported systems?
07-15-2013, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 06:59 PM by John.)
The launcher does not need to be configured, only the actual executable is required.

Can you check if PlanetSide2.exe is being executed with normal user account? You can verify that using Process Explorer, with the game running, press ALT+TAB to return to desktop and start Process Explorer. Find PlanetSide2.exe process, right-click it and choose Properties from context menu. In "Image" tab you'll see which user account is in use by the process.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
07-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Sorry for the absence, somehow my account became unsubscribed to the thread. Anyway, Planetside2.exe is running under my account. Should I remove the launcher from the launcher list? It doesn't make a difference either way. I have read that most players using RP have great success. It must not like me or something!