Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Forcing AA Options and Post Processing in Games

06-25-2013, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 05:51 AM by futurethinkers.)
Forcing AA Options and Post Processing in Games
Hi John,

First of all thanks for this amazing application. It's worked very well for me in BF3 and Diablo 3.

I'm having an issue with using / forcing MSAA in Tomb Raider 2013. Can i confirm with you - in regards to forcing AA in games and injecting SMAA should i do the following :-

Turn off Post Processing 'in game' to enable SMAA ? Not sure if this is the case with all games or not ?

If i want to use MSAA instead of SSAA in Tomb Raider should i disable in-game AA or keep it switched on to force MSAA using Radeon Pro ?

Are there other settings i should be leaving checked or unchecked to force my AA choices ?

Appreciate your time - thankyou !

Kind Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Forcing AA Options and Post Processing in Games
I just did some testing in Tomb Raider and it appears that forcing any kind of traditional AA on it does not work. Multi-sample, adaptive, and super-sampling don't work from the drivers, which is unfortunate because I'd personally use some Edge Detect multi-sampling on it.

As for SMAA, I've not run into any compatibility issues with games with one exemption. Starcraft II Frame-rate plummets when ever I use SMAA on it. Other then that it seems to be very robust and works with just about everything at any settings that I have used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply