Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Arma 2 - ''wave'' tears, blurry when moving mouse slowly (not post processing)

06-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Arma 2 - ''wave'' tears, blurry when moving mouse slowly (not post processing)
Hello Smile

I'll start by posting my specs

Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, i5 760 w/ a small overclock to 3.3ghz, 8gb corsair vengeance ram, OCZ 650w gold PSU, some gigabyte us3l mobo and of course a 7850 w/ various types of over and under clocking in a effort to increase performance/sort this issue out. Temps are more than fine, pretty low.

I downloaded Radeon Pro in a effort to tweak my GPU to try stop this issue. So far i've hit up about 15 forums and nobody has a clue!

I notice that if I'm focusing on something small in Arma 2 (Dayz Mod), e.g writing anywhere, road signs, billboard, a specific tree, or even a player/a.i, everything ''blurs'' together, almost like small screen tears untill I come to a rest. Causes a real headache IRL, especially when you physically cannot focus on something unless you stop dead. Moving inside a building looking on the floor for a dropped weapon for example physically hurts my eyes, as does running alongside somebody and turning or trying to spot people/buildings/road signs as I run along a forest/field while looking around. I can replicate it from moving my mouse even slowly from side to side while trying to focus on one specific thing. It's not any form of post processing however, I have that completely disabled. I've tried a number of in game graphics settings, but no luck at all. From memory I don't get this in other games.

I also notice if I go from crouched>standing, and every now and again I get small transparent ''waves'' (sometimes 1, maybe 2 or 3) that are horizontal across the whole screen and travel vertical for a second, no more than that. I actually went DVI>DVI as I heard VGA adaptors can definitely cause this but I still get the issue.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Arma 2 - ''wave'' tears, blurry when moving mouse slowly (not post processing)
Hello,

From what you tried to explain, I can only guess that it's a game issue. I have no clue of what it's going on there and can't imagine which settings can help you out, sorry. Sad

PS: I suppose you already tried turning on vsync, right?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
06-27-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: Arma 2 - ''wave'' tears, blurry when moving mouse slowly (not post processing)
This only happens in ARMA II?

Use Lumasharpen from SweetFX, Note however that this will not get rid of any motion blur. It will make everything noticeably clearer and crisper.

One last thing if it not just ARMA II that has this then you have Ghosting(which is a monitor problem). Thats about it, other then making sure that Vsync is enabled like John has suggested.