Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Metro: The Last Light

06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Metro: The Last Light
Hi there

I'm getting awful graphics performance from metro last light and i'm not the greatest when it comes to the settings in RadeonPro, but i have in the past been able to dramatically improve game performance with radeonpro, which is a great product by the way, if someone could guide me on what settings i should use for Metro The Last Light that would be great my specs are:

XFX RadeonHD 6970
Intel Core i7 2600k
Win 7 64 Bit
8Gigs ram 1200mhz

i have installed all the latest steam updates but i'm only getting 20 to 25 fps, i have read that i could use direct x9 to improve performance but i would rather run direct x11, i have disabled nvidia phsyx advanced features, any ideas on what settings to use would be a great help.

Thanks again for a kickass product
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Metro: The Last Light
You're welcome Smile

Straight to the point, I don't think you're gonna gain a lot of performance by tweaking driver settings, it's mostly a game configuration issue. I guess you better either lower resolution or try quality level at medium or even lower until you get a more fluid gameplay.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
06-19-2013, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 07:21 PM by aidan8181.)
thanks john this is what i was thinking with bioshock infinity i was able to get from 40fps to a steady 60 using some tweaks in your software any idea why that was i'm the kinda of person that wants to learn why?? if you had any knowledge why this is i would be truly greatfull to understand why so i can learn for future games??
06-19-2013, 07:26 PM
That huge performance gain without sacrificing image quality would be awesome, if you don't mind posting which settings you're using in Bioshock Infinite I think we could say you which settings are making the difference.

06-19-2013, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 08:16 PM by aidan8181.)
hey john here is my backup xml file for bioshock its on my g drive

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2gyVbgN...sp=sharing

if you need anything else let me know
06-19-2013, 10:11 PM
The only thing I saw was Forced High priority for game process and MSAA forced to 8x, which I think does not change anything because Catalyst doesn't support forced AA in Bioshock Infinite.