Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Activating MSI Afterburner Overclocks with Radeon Pro

06-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Activating MSI Afterburner Overclocks with Radeon Pro
I have a couple question about using a script to activate MSI overclocking. When I initially set it up, I had some success. But since then, I've had some issues/questions come up.

1. Should MSI AB be running already? It looks like the script template is set up to open MSI AB. Will it cause an issue if it's running?

2. If it is set up to open MSI AB, will having Win7 UAC active cause issues? I've noticed that when I open the game/profile, RadeonPro will attempt to open MSI AB, which brings up the UAC "Would you like to open this? "yes" or "no" " window. At that point there's a lot of things going on at once and sometimes I have to alt-tab back after the game opens to click "yes" to allow MSI to run. In these instances, it seems like RadeonPro ends up freezing and I have to end processes in task manager to get it all closed out.

After experimenting, it seems like I should 1) not have MSI open already, and 2) turn off Win7 UAC. But I thought I'd ask here to double check.

I just discovered RadeonPro, BTW. What a terrific, FREE program! I'm using it in all sorts of ways with different games!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: Activating MSI Afterburner Overclocks with Radeon Pro
MSI Afterburner must be running to avoid that warning message.

Cool, thanks. It's good to see somebody using the scripts feature.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
06-18-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Activating MSI Afterburner Overclocks with Radeon Pro
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll try it with MSI running already and see how it works.