Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Awesome Job, thanks

06-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Awesome Job, thanks
Hey John, RadeonPro is just awesome. I can't believe that AMD didn't do this, but I sure am glad that you did. It really helps with the dark art of video settings. And I call it a dark art because I don't much have a clue what settings are best for whatever I'm playing. Your guide is very helpful in explaining what all the settings do and mean, but still I'm not too up to speed with this stuff.

But I was able to get it working with Skyrim, and using SweetFX too! Now if I can just find some guides and recommended settings that I can trust. If you go looking for recommended settings, you find as many contradictions as you do agreements. So it seems that I'm not the only one that doesn't really know the best settings to use. haha It seems a lot easier to find good Nvidia guides than AMD ones.

OH, I do have one little annoyance that I'm not sure is because of RadeonPro or because I'm using the bleeding edge AMD Catalyst 13.6 beta 2 drivers. But what happens is that when RadeonPro is maximized, like when I'm setting up a profile, the thing kind of flickers and shimmy's.....real technical terms there, huh? It works fine, just flickers a lot. Is that normal?

Anyway, I love it, love the features, the control, everything....now if I can just master it, or find some good profile recommendations, I'll be even happier.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: Awesome Job, thanks
(06-12-2013 06:38 PM)Bundy714 Wrote:  OH, I do have one little annoyance that I'm not sure is because of RadeonPro or because I'm using the bleeding edge AMD Catalyst 13.6 beta 2 drivers. But what happens is that when RadeonPro is maximized, like when I'm setting up a profile, the thing kind of flickers and shimmy's.....real technical terms there, huh? It works fine, just flickers a lot. Is that normal?

Yep that's a bug, in a nut shell something is being wanting to be refreshed as fast as your CPU can process it. You'll notice that one of your CPU Cores is being completely loaded while the screen flickers. More info here. You can temporarily stop the flickering by hiding the part of the interface that causes the bug (Scroll down till it stops or goto a different tab). Radeonpro 2.0 won't have this bug.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply