Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Battlefield 3 hooking

05-08-2013, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 06:29 AM by killora.)
Battlefield 3 hooking
Hello again,

So, as of today i've had a problem with RadeonPro. Suddenly, RadeonPro just stopped hooking onto BF3, and i don't know why. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to fix it to no avail. API monitoring is not disabledm and i'm running both radeonpro and bf3 with admin rights ( i do this becaue diablo 3 won't run without admin so it needs to be started as admin. )

The only thing i've done since it stopped working was do a windows update, but it was working right after i updated, but upon going to bed and getting back up, it's suddenly stopped working.

To put it short, RadeonPro is not hooking, and as a result, sweetFX inection will not work. The overlays, nor anything in radeonpro will work in BF3 as of now. Rivatuner is working fine however. Even if i put the sweetfx folder directly into the BF3 folder and circumvent radeonpro entirely, it still doesn't work.

I've tried:

Restarting
Re-installing (radeonpro)
Turning off any modifications and only trying to launch the frame counter and such.
ignoring all but D3D11 detection
Disabling 64-bit support
Setting the launcher to origin
Disabled Origin OSD.

None of these have worked. And so far bF3 is the only game i've had issues with. GW2 and other games work just fine.

I did recently clean out my registry, but that wouldn't explain it working with other games and still persisting after a re-install (re-installing should re-enter needed entries, no?)

edit; It would see all D3D11 hooking is not working. No game with directx 11 will hook with radeonPro anymore. D3d9 hooking works still, not sure about d3d10.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Battlefield 3 hooking
Disabling other OSD tools (MSI Afterburner, FRAPS etc.) could fix it, did you tried it?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
05-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Hmm i did try Rivatuner but i never tried turning off FRAPS. That seems to have solved it...

Is there any way to fix FRAPS' compatibility with RadeonPro? It was working fine before but no longer works after the update it seems.

I ask because i use FRAPS frequently for screenshots and recording.
05-10-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm not sure if you know but Radeonpro has a screenshot function as well as being able to record video. Though I am not sure just how well the video recorder compares to FRAPS.