Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

The very latest version?

04-27-2013, 05:44 PM
The very latest version?
Hey everyone,

Been using RP for some time now, absolutely the best for, well, everything.

Over time I have come across an extremely annoying bug which for the life of me I have not been able to replicate or solve, but that's only the catalyst (lol) for this post, not it's purpose.

TL;DR - Is this the very latest build of RP? I've looked all over the forums and can't find any newer builds, just wanted to double-check.

I have deduced that over time that using RP has led to 2d clocks not being properly (re)applied after exiting a game, and the result is the card idling at 3d clocks which chews up power and idles the card 10c higher than need be. It's stupidly to fix; uninstall RP, uninstall ccc/drivers, re-install in reverse order and all well in the universe.

As a pertinent bit of info, I use AIDA64 / Logitech G510 LCD to splatter all my hardware's temp info, voltage and clockspeeds right in easy view, so this is how I initially noticed the problem, when I was never seeing 2d clocks anymore.

I've concluded this to be RP's fault because;

1) I've never noticed it happening before I started to use RP for every game I have (circumstantial, except see #2)

2) Over the past 1.5yrs or so I've fixed/become afflicted with the bug perhaps 6-7 times now, add the fact that the 3d clocks that are being left to idle with is the driver default 860Mhz for my card (7850) and not the 900MHz I force all games to run at via RP (seems to point to a driver issue, except for #3)

3) In that same 1.5yr span, I've tested by NOT reinstalling RP with catalyst after I've needed to uninstall both to see if this phantom bug pops back up, with no bug after 3 months at the longest stretch. (For reference, I spend 60-80 hours on my PC a week, probably 80% is spent in games, so I have a vast sample size)

4) Bug was back within a week of reinstalling RP after 3mo stretch.

As of late I've found I can semi-reproduce this bug if I add Tribes:Ascend to RP and simply have it set the game's cpu priority to high and use no other functions, but I can't really confirm this as the bug might not pop back up for a or so day after, but with almost certainty will pop back up very soon.

So whenever I notice the bug, I'll check for/download the newest Catalyst set and check if RP has any new betas out that might solve my problem, which leads me to the whole point of all this.

I checked around the forums a bunch, just want to confirm that this is the newest build available
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 07:19 PM by John.)
RE: The very latest version?
Yes, the 13/Apr is the latest public version but there's another one with a fix for SMAA and gamma issue when Steam overlay is used, being the gamma issue the only change from previous build.

Never noticed that clocks bug but it might be related to OverDrive option "Always use highest performance clocks while gaming". Do you use that option in any of your profiles?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
04-27-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 10:01 PM by Kirby420.)
(04-27-2013 07:19 PM)John Wrote:  Do you use that option in any of your profiles?

I use it in literally every profile unless it's a game that doesn't require clocks like Galactic Space Battles, along with forcing fan speeds to 85% to ensure proper cooling (My home is always on the warm side)

Oh yeah, thanks for the program John, I love it. haz a donation.

-edit-

Oh yeah, do you want me to make a new bugpost or anything?
04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Thank you! Smile

No need to create a new thread, I'll fix it in next build.

Once again, thanks.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features