Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Far Cry 3

04-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Far Cry 3
Ok i tried Far Cry3 for the first time since i got my 7950 crossfire setup and it was horrible.I mean i had AA disabled and i was getting close to 40fps with bad stuttering and each card only had about 30percent load on it.I am using 13.5 beta.So i got the App profiles from AMD for ccc and ran it that way with RadeonPro disabled and it kicked my frames up to 70-80ish on 1080p with everything ultra but AA turned off.So i turned on 4xAA in game and i was around 60fps but still stutters.So i tried RP and set vsync force on and dynamic set to 50fps and tried again but with RP on i am down to 35fps.What can i do to fix this?Do you guys have App profiles i can install?My system runs everyother game i play great like BF3 and Crysis 3 with RP on.Now i know the stuttering i have heard about with crossfire cause it was horrible.Almost like a strobe light lol.
Please help thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Far Cry 3
Try another frame limiter solution like MSI Afterburner to see if you can keep 50 FPS without stuttering.

As a side note, I could not play Far Cry 3 with Crossfire due to (macro and micro) stuttering, disabling Crossfire and limiting framerate to 30 FPS made it playable, though far from ideal when you know you have a system powerful enough to play it at 60 FPS.

I just hope Blood Dragon fixes that stuttering as so far, it looks like Catalyst drivers won't fix it without some changes in Far Cry 3 code itself.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
04-26-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: Far Cry 3
Ya it is the only game i have issues with.To be honest i don't really play that much cause the multiplayer on uplay is horrible lol.I was just wondering if i was doing something wrong or if it is just the game.Thank you for your help sir..