Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Best settings for games

04-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Best settings for games
Hi all, i am pretty new to radeon pro. And i have really no clue what triple buffering means, what it does etc, also the rest of the setting are really hard for me too understand. Two questions... 1. Where can if find explainations what certain settings do. Preferably in Mickey Mouse language. 2. Are there predefined profiles which can be lisded for perticulAr games?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Best settings for games
I'll refer you to this page on triple buffering as it explains it alot better then I can. That guide is somewhat old but it's explanations are still accurate.

As a general rule if you enable VSync its a good idea to enable Triple Buffering. Triple Buffering was created to migrate some of the issues that VSync introduced to graphics cards. It was created to help maintain a constant flow of images to the monitor, as VSync restricted when an image could be displayed. But, remember that Triple Buffering does have some draw backs. First it increases input lag, increases memory load on your GPU, and it might just cause weird effects in some games.

There are no predefined profiles for particular games available. Though I am sure that those of us with similar specs might be able to help each other out.
04-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Best settings for games
Tnx for your link that is clear too me now. I would like to share my system specs so that somebody who has as peer system can help me with the optimal settings for Dishonered and Crysis 3.

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) uATX
AMD FX-6100
8GB geheugen DDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB
Antec 430 PSU
Realtek onboard sound

Im using HDR on sweet fx for dishonered which really give a beautiful picture!