Maybe you could add support for CMAA?

The article about CMAA can be found here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles...asing-cmaa

There is a download link to the shader in the article Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2013, 11:50 AM
RE: CMAA
That's interesting, however I could not find information about its redistribution. What license that code is using?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
11-26-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 02:50 PM by Spock.)
There is an "Intel Sample Souce Code License.txt" in the download. Other then that I don't really know.
The .exe for a demo is located at cmaa.zip\CMAA Release\CMAA\bin\... (I missed it at first, so I thought I might add that information).
The download can be found here (link from the article):
http://software.intel.com/sites/default/...6/cmaa.zip

I honestly don't know why the visibility of this is so low. Some people in the sweetfx thread at Guru3D reported lower fps for cmaa then for smaa, but on my r9 280x I could confirm the claims made in the article. For me such an AA method is very desirable.

The other feature that would be really nice is Adaptive VSync without triple buffer, but you probably already know that Smile
11-26-2013, 07:39 PM
I've done some testing with it and it manages to be almost exactly the same as SMAA on the quality side with a noticeable improvement in frame time. In fact is some situations it is many frames faster than SMAA.

I'm actually more interested in its temporal Aliasing properties then the other stuff as Temporal Aliasing is something I am beginning to notice more and more.
11-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Temporal anti-aliasing requires access to Depth Buffer which in turn makes difficult to be implemented in a general use injector like RadeonPro or other injectors. Did a quick run through the shader code and it does indeed require a depth buffer to be bind, so I guess it won't be possible to implement CMAA in RadeonPro.

11-27-2013, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 01:54 AM by Spock.)
Doesn't SSAO already require depth buffer information?
11-27-2013, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 03:03 PM by John.)
Yes and that's why SSAO is supported in a few titles only. Other than that, the depth buffer used in SSAO might not be the same used for temporal anti-aliasing techniques. It's not that easy.

The engine developer can use CMAA without much hassle, though.

11-29-2013, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 12:56 PM by Spock.)
Thanks for the clarification and for taking your time! Sadly I don't know enough about shader programming or d3d9.dll hacking, else I would make an CMAA injector for Skyrim. I'm really looking forward to the next version since the radeonpro support service is bugging out on me as well.
One other request you probably hear a lot is adaptive VSync without triple buffering Smile
12-02-2013, 12:59 AM
You're welcome Smile

I would love to implement CMAA if it can be done without the use of a depth buffer. Need to research a bit more to see if it's possible.

Regarding Dynamic VSync without triple-buffering, I'm afraid it's not possible. Let's say your display has a 60 Hz refresh rate, without triple-buffering the frame rate would drop from 60 to 30 FPS whenever 60 FPS can't be sustained. It's not possible to just turn vsync off when frame rate drops right from 60 FPS because it does cause a lot of stuttering.