Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Support for SweetFX V1.5(Next)

08-06-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 03:58 PM by RemXXX.)
Support for SweetFX V1.5(Next)
Hi!

Been using RadeonPro since its first release and really enjoyed it since then specially with the SweetFX support. It really makes a difference performance wise when used with RadeonPro instead of just SweetFX. Also noticed the SMAA of RadeonPro is better than SweetFX's.

There's a new version of SweetFX called "Next".

Sources:
http://gsngaming.com/topic/9760-sweetfx-...etfx-next/

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=...tcount=528

Just wanna ask if you guys are planning on making a support for it for your next release?

Thanks!Smile

Or ENB?Big Grin

EDIT:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Just delete it if it isn't. I'm sorry!
Also posted this here http://community.radeonpro.info/question...fx-v15next

Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Support for SweetFX V1.5(Next)
Possibly yes, but it's not a priority at the moment.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM
(08-08-2013 09:59 PM)John Wrote:  Possibly yes, but it's not a priority at the moment.

Alright. Thanks John!Smile

Just found out how to make it work. I don't know if you guys knew this already. But if you actually just copy the SweetFX files in the directory of the game(where the .exe is located) and start the game with RadeonPro(SweetFX option is off). The SweetFX will actually work even if you're using any option of the RadeonPro except of course for the SFX option.Big Grin
08-08-2013, 11:16 PM
It might work that way in most cases, but will crash in some games.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
08-09-2013, 12:22 AM
You're right. Cause it's not designed like that. Just glad it's working for the games that i play right now. Thanks for the reply! More power to you guys!
09-04-2013, 06:27 AM
(08-06-2013 03:43 PM)RemXXX Wrote:  Been using RadeonPro since its first release and really enjoyed it since then specially with the SweetFX support. It really makes a difference performance wise when used with RadeonPro instead of just SweetFX. Also noticed the SMAA of RadeonPro is better than SweetFX's.

Out of curiously, how did you know SMAA of RadeonPro is better than SweetFX's? Any idea which version SMAA is Radeon Pro based on?

What about the "SweetFX - Next"? Which SMAA is better? (SweetFXNext vs RadeonPro) I'm really want the best SMAA for my games. Thanks a lot!! Big Grin
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Sorry for the late reply. It's just based on my experience on some games that I play. I didn't really make a benchmark-test. I just noticed it while playing. Performance wise, RadeonPro's SMAA is better than SweetFX's. Maybe that's why RadeonPro is exclusive only for ATI Radeon Cards.