Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average

Barebones version for Nvidia users?

08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Barebones version for Nvidia users?
Hi John.

So, I have two systems at the moment, one is AMD and one is Nvidia. The AMD system has been using RadeonPro for a good while now, I mainly just use it for some smaa (sometimes SweetFX) and some of the advanced D3D tweaks like triple buffering.

Since D3Doverrider is getting old and seems to only work half the time these days, conflicts with various other software like Logitechs setpoint, and it doesn't seem to work with SMAA injectors and such, I ended up trying RP on the Nvidia system as well.

To my happiness, the DirectX tweaks and post process stuff seem to work on the Nvidia system as well, on profile level at least. Same with overlays, screenshots and recording. Not 100% sure about triple buffering, something strange seems to be going on there, but anyways, Most (if not all) the non-AMD specific features seem to just work. Which is probably not a surprise considering that they are DX tweaks and such, but I digress.

So, I realize that this is probably not something that you would consider high priority or anything, but I was just wondering if in the future you might consider a more barebones Nvidia version? Something to replace the aging D3Doverrider for the vsync+triplebuffer combo (and other DirectX tweaks), while also allowing for the post process stuff.

Thanks for your time and thanks for all the hard work you've put into this, it's just a wonderful piece of software. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: Barebones version for Nvidia users?
I heard of NV users using RadeonPro to apply SweetFX and other post processing effects, I didn't test it with other video card vendors like Intel or NVidia but yeah, it should be compatible as long the graphics API in use is fully supported by target card. Regarding a special build for Nvidia, it'd not be impossible though currently I barely can handle a single version of RadeonPro due to time constraints so even though I think it's not a bad idea, it would be hard to maintain and support in a decent fashion.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
08-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Alright, totally understandable. Keep up the good work man.
12-04-2013, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 05:38 PM by ivanosky.)
Hi, John. I think you don't have to do a full new special build for other vendor's cards. You could disable (grey out, hide, etc.) the AMD's specific options of the program if it doesn't detect an AMD Radeon card, while the more generic API dependent options will still be activated. That way people with other graphic cards can enjoy this program too more easily.
02-01-2014, 06:06 AM
(12-04-2013 04:26 PM)ivanosky Wrote:  Hi, John. I think you don't have to do a full new special build for other vendor's cards. You could disable (grey out, hide, etc.) the AMD's specific options of the program if it doesn't detect an AMD Radeon card, while the more generic API dependent options will still be activated. That way people with other graphic cards can enjoy this program too more easily.

Please no! It's called RadeonPro for a reason. John shouldn't have to split development time to an entirely new subset of cards, especially in the midst of a big RP renovation (as there haven't been any updates in nearly a year).

So John, on behalf of all AMD card users around the world, please keep the focus within our AMD community, at least until the next RP rollout is complete! Smile