Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Flight Simulator X and stuttering

08-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Flight Simulator X and stuttering
Firstly I would like to thank you for such a great application like RadeonPro! Now the main problem. There is a flight simulator called 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X'. It's not a new one (year 2006) but it is one of the most popular simulators in the world that has got mods that are still being developed. The problem is that it was quite buggy (2 patches were released). The problem that still occurs is stuttering. The stuttering is NOT caused by 'low FPS' or 'to many objects' (since I have got quite high FPS and I even turned all the objects of and stuttering still occurs). It always appears when I limit the FPS (that is quite necessary in flight simulator as without the limiter the animation is unstable). In the past I used FPS limiter that was inside the simulator but it was very buggy (A LOT of BIG stutters) and finally I found your program and used DFC feature thanks to which stutters were reduced... but they still exist Sad My question to developers is: could you please have a look at the simulator and somehow optimize the DFC feature (or create a special profile) to make the Flight Simulator X working smooth (of course, if such an action is even possible, I am not an expert)? If so, many, many virtual pilots from over the world that have got ATI cards would be very appreciated and gratefull. Flying with stutters is not a pleasure. Thank you once again and I wish you very best. Greetings!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Flight Simulator X and stuttering
DFC can not be optimized further, looks like it's something that must be fixed in the game engine. Sorry Sad

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
08-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Thank you for the reply! Frankly speaking DFC reduced the stutters quite well but rarely they appear. Since I like when everything works perfect I thought that they can be removed completely. Thank you and greetings!
08-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Does recording with RadeonPro remove the stutter?
08-17-2013, 06:47 PM
I have noticed one new thing. That might be crucial if the same thing happens with other games - When I start the Flight Simulator X using RadeonPro - everything seems fine, almost no stutters and smooth gameplay... BUT when I put the game on taskbar and then get it back in fullscreen mode then suddenly stutters appear as if RadeonPro (DFC feature) forgets 'how to make the game smooth' after putting it on taskbar. Does it happen with other games? There is a possibility that it might be also RadeonPro's issue. This makes my gameplay worse as I can't stop playing if I want to have the gameplay smooth. I hope this will be checked somehow and maybe (if it is RadeonPro's fault) repaired. Greetings and sorry that I am so impatient with this matter!
08-17-2013, 08:43 PM
AFAIK no, that stuttering doesn't happen with other games after an ALT+TAB.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features