Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

24Hz Bug on dynamic VSYNC?

04-17-2014, 11:01 AM
24Hz Bug on dynamic VSYNC?
Hello!

Attempting to use radeon pro on my 290x crossfire setup to alleviate the choppiness in BF4 with VSYNC enabled. I am running Radeon pro in 64-bit mode, and I am sure that the settings are taking effect when I launch the game. If I select "lock" framerate at 60, I get it to lock properly, but with vsync enabled, it's still very choppy.

When I select Dynamic VSYNC, it locks my refresh rate at 24Hz, no matter what other settings I modify.

I see that this was a bug that was in a previous build of Radeon Pro, but perhaps it's still around?

I'm using two XFX 290x's in crossfire, and an HDMI cable to a Panasonic Plasma.

I'd really love to use this feature, as BF4 is absolutely terrible with VSYNC enabled in crossfire.

13.12 drivers, BTW.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: 24Hz Bug on dynamic VSYNC?
(04-17-2014 11:01 AM)cjmildenberg Wrote:  Hello!

Attempting to use radeon pro on my 290x crossfire setup to alleviate the choppiness in BF4 with VSYNC enabled. I am running Radeon pro in 64-bit mode, and I am sure that the settings are taking effect when I launch the game. If I select "lock" framerate at 60, I get it to lock properly, but with vsync enabled, it's still very choppy.

When I select Dynamic VSYNC, it locks my refresh rate at 24Hz, no matter what other settings I modify.

I see that this was a bug that was in a previous build of Radeon Pro, but perhaps it's still around?

I'm using two XFX 290x's in crossfire, and an HDMI cable to a Panasonic Plasma.

I'd really love to use this feature, as BF4 is absolutely terrible with VSYNC enabled in crossfire.

13.12 drivers, BTW.

Thanks for any suggestions!

For what it's worth, Dynamic VSYNC works in Crysis 3. So, perhaps this is related to the 64bit executable, or the BF4 game engine.
04-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Did you try to force a refresh rate to your display's refresh rate on BF profile?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
04-24-2014, 04:53 PM
(04-24-2014 02:03 AM)John Wrote:  Did you try to force a refresh rate to your display's refresh rate on BF profile?

Absolutely, unfortunately no change.