Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Radeonpro not working with Il2 Cliffs of dover (Win8.1, DX11.2)

02-20-2014, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 06:51 PM by Mtea.)
Radeonpro not working with Il2 Cliffs of dover (Win8.1, DX11.2)
Hello,
I have already read the stickied post and checked, that the process privileges are fine, in fact I even disabled UAC. Still not able to even show the FPS counter in the Il2 Cliffs of Dover, which uses dx11.2 on my fresh installed windows 8.1 64 bit, Radeon R9 270 OC. Steam community features are also turned off.
Radeonpro works fine with other games and 3d-applications, including another DX11 game.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact, that the game apparently uses some native windows classes for GUI (at least it looks like it. The mouse is the default-windows mouse, and there are windows-styled context-menus).
Settings in Catalyst Control Panels also have absolutely zero effect on the game. Any advice? The game looks awful without anti-aliasing.
I tried it with the latest released and beta AMD drivers 13.12 and 14.1 and all other existing AA injectors without success.
I also enabled the logging in radeonpro settings, but the log file is not even created for the game.
I launch the game with the double click in the RP:
http://i.imgur.com/TGfuzi0.png
Task manager when in game:
http://i.imgur.com/MGWpjFQ.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 10:50 PM by John.)
RE: Radeonpro not working with Il2 Cliffs of dover (Win8.1, DX11.2)
The game is running in borderless windowed mode?

PS: SMAA does not work with Direct3D 11.1/11.2 games with current public build. That's gonna be fixed in infinity.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
02-22-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 07:42 PM by Mtea.)
There is a setting in the game menu, whether to run it in fullscreen or in pseudo-fullscreen mode (which is = borderless windowed mode, i guess).
I run it in the fullscreen mode, but I guess the game menu is anyway in the pseudo-fullscreenmode, independent of the setting.
Update: yes, the whole geme menus are in the windowed borderless mode, while the game itself is fullscreen. Is there any way to force AA here?
I reckon, it's not a bug of radeonpro, because CCC does not work here too..

Update: all of a sudden CCC works after update of the driver to 14.2 beta and turning morphological filtering on. (Not sure, what exactly solved the problem though). Radeonpro still does not detect the game.
03-10-2014, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 05:16 PM by Ferdinand_L.)
Having the same issue but running Win7- 64 bit. Radeonpro used to work just fine with ClOD but the newest Radeonpro version just doesn't seem to detect the game no matter what I try. ClOD launches through Steam, but enabling Steam as launcher in Radeonpro doesn't seem to work.

In the old Radeonpro version, the ClOD menu would be corrupted until API monitoring was disabled, but everything else worked including in=game FPS counter, and forced AA and AF.

Thx for any help you can provide and thanks for this wonderful ultility.
05-24-2014, 04:13 PM
(03-10-2014 05:12 PM)Ferdinand_L Wrote:  Having the same issue but running Win7- 64 bit. Radeonpro used to work just fine with ClOD but the newest Radeonpro version just doesn't seem to detect the game no matter what I try. ClOD launches through Steam, but enabling Steam as launcher in Radeonpro doesn't seem to work.

In the old Radeonpro version, the ClOD menu would be corrupted until API monitoring was disabled, but everything else worked including in=game FPS counter, and forced AA and AF.

Thx for any help you can provide and thanks for this wonderful ultility.

John,

I discovered that if I change the Cliffs of Dover executable name "Launcher.exe" to anything else (ie. Launcher-copy.exe), RadeponPro will hook correctly. The game won't run, I guess because it is a Steam game, but RadeonPro definitely hooks before the game crashes.

Also, if I add the changed game name to Steam as a non-Steam game and then start the game through Steam, RadeonPro also hooks correctly. The game still crashes with the changed name though.

Does that provoke any new thoughts on why RadeonPro isn't hooking with this particular game?

Thanks,

Ferd