Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Radeon Pro with AMD 14.1 Beta in Blood Dragon

02-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Radeon Pro with AMD 14.1 Beta in Blood Dragon
I have dual 7950. AMD 14.1 beta drivers. Frame Pacing ON. Running last build of Radeon Pro.

In "Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon" with Radeon Pro enabled I have an issue where a frame that has been rendered is displayed at the wrong time and off center.

It's not constant and seems pretty random when it happens. To me, it seems like Radeon pro is having one GPU hold on to a frame in memory for longer than it should. Then that frame is pushed to the monitor at the wrong time. I made sure that the "Frame Buffering" was set to 0 in case that was the issue.

With Radeon Pro not running there is no issue.

This is not a complaint. I'm just wondering if anyone is having this issue with the new beta drivers and Radeon Pro. Also, are people having this issue in other games? I really like Radeon Pro and I hope this won't be an issue with other games and the new beta drivers.

I believe in order to reproduce this you would need two GPUs in Xfire with the 14.1 beta drivers.

I'm not a tech guy. This is just observation.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Radeon Pro with AMD 14.1 Beta in Blood Dragon
What is your settings at RadeonPro? Do you use DVC or DFC?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
02-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Sounds like frame 'skipping' , I had a similar problem in arma 2 back in the day.

I didn't have crossfire tho....
02-04-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm using DVC if that mean Dynamic VSync.

Screen shot of my settings.
[Image: igxlz8.jpg]
02-04-2014, 05:39 PM
If you're using DVC then you must disable Frame pacing in CCC.

02-04-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd rather keep frame pacing. Would DFC be a better option for me? I'm not a tech guy so if you would walk me through it, I would appreciate it.
02-04-2014, 06:04 PM
You should experiment between frame pacing and DVC and pick your choice. If you pick Frame pacing in CCC, just don't use DVC or it will keep fighting with Frame pacing and odd things might happen as you can see.

What do you wanna do/what do you want to fix? DFC just caps the frame rate to a specific value. DVC is DFC automatically set at your display refresh rate plus dynamic vsync control.

02-04-2014, 06:12 PM
All I'm looking for is to keep my Framerate at a constant 60 fps and use SMAA as my anti alias. I'm guessing that DFC will do that for me. Please tell me if I'm mistaken. I'll test it out and see though.

This is off this topic but, I've noticed that some games like "Sonic Racing Transformed", "Company of Heroes" will have a really high gamma when used with Radeon Pro. If there a way to fix that?

Thanks again for your time.