Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

game crash whilst recording

01-28-2014, 06:55 PM
game crash whilst recording
Hello,

I seem to have an issue; when I start recording for the first time its fine - it records and save the recording to my movie folder, but if I stop recording and then start again it crashes my pc .

Its taken a while to get everything to work but I feel I may have overlooked something,

Basic specs are: 3570k, 7970, win7, and the game I am testing with is Arma 3.

Thanks
Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: game crash whilst recording
Hello Dave, did you try other games to see if the error can be reproduced? It might be something specific to Arma 3. BTW, does ARMA 3 use a 64-bit executable?

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
01-28-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 07:27 PM by Dave.)
Hey John, I will try another game and report back, as far as I know Arma3 is 32bit, I don't think they changed from arma 2.

It works in arma 3....but just the once lol

Love the software tho despite this Smile
01-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Ok, I've tried 2 other games; dayz and arma 2, I could not recreate the crash, both games ran fine.

So I went back to arma 3, removed all profile changes to standard, and tried again, this time instead of testing 'ingame' I tried to record at the main menu, tried it once - record on - record off, fine. Tried it a second time - record on, crash.

I tried this on my other games with no problems, both 32bit, one was a steam game and one was not.

I hope this helps as I don't know what else to try.
01-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Thank you, Dave.

Too bad I don't have ARMA 3 installed ATM, had it installed for a while during the beta and right after it was released just to make sure RadeonPro works fine with it but I don't remember of crashes while recording. Will download it again and run some tests.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
01-28-2014, 10:26 PM
That would be great thanks John.

A quick note I forgot to mention, I went online briefly and tried to record on and off several times and it did not crash, I left the game and returned but within 2min of normal online play it crashed without me even trying to record.

Just a couple more details, which I don't think would make too much difference is that I have basic startup parameters within steam, such as vram adjustments and no splash etc, I copied them into the RP parameters but also tried them without with no difference.

If there's any other things you want me to test let me know,

Dave
02-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Hi John, did you manage to make any sense of this issue? Thanks.