Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Crashes with random programs while RadeonPro is active. Please read

12-15-2013, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2013 12:38 PM by John.)
Crashes with random programs while RadeonPro is active. Please read
RadeonPro works in background monitoring programs startup and applying user's settings defined by a profile in RadeonPro. When Global API monitoring is active in RadeonPro configuration, it will try to detect graphics API usage on every program started by the user and some programs may crash while RadeonPro is doing its detection stuff. If that's happening and you want to use RadeonPro, you have 2 options:

1. Disable Global API monitoring so RadeonPro will do the API detection only for programs you have a profile defined in RadeonPro;
  2. Add the executable name of the program that is crashing to the Compatibility list in RadeonPro settings and set Disable API detection for it.

RadeonPro ships with a predefined list of known incompatible programs and the list is updated quite often depending on users's feedback so if you have a crashing program due to RadeonPro, please feel free to post its executable name so I can add it to future RadeonPro builds.

Users are free to add whatever executables they do not want to be monitored by RadeonPro, just add the executable names to the Compatibility List and disable API detection for them.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Crashes with random programs while RadeonPro is active. Please read
Oddly enough, Turbotax (both 2012 and 2013) will crash upon launch when Radeon Pro is running. I spent hours trying to figure out why Turbotax wouldn't work (I was assuming it was a .NET issue) when I noticed this in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: TurboTax.exe, version: 2013.22.1.305, time stamp: 0x52616a9b
Faulting module name: AppProfiles.dll, version: 1.0.5.5, time stamp: 0x5168b1a4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002ec00
Faulting process id: 0xb64
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf23a2f10aa8eb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2013\32bit\TurboTax.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\AppProfiles.dll
Report Id: 307dd94c-8f96-11e3-8032-10bf48bbc772

Something is apparently throwing an unhandled exception. So I turned off Radeon Pro and Turbotax starts normally.
02-09-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Crashes with random programs while RadeonPro is active. Please read
Add TurboTax.exe to Compatibility list and disable API monitoring for it. That should fix the crash.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features