Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

My game is not detected by RadeonPro! Please, read before creating a thread

12-15-2013, 12:24 PM
My game is not detected by RadeonPro! Please, read before creating a thread
RadeonPro 1.x has a known limitation with some games started using different user credentials. Due to a Windows feature called UAC, most programs and games work in a system space with limited access to system resources in order to protect the operating system from malicious software used to install spyware and other programs without the user acknowledgement.

RadeonPro runs with normal user privileges (the default mode) hence its detection engine is limited to that user space. Games executed using administrator privileges are not detect by RadeonPro when the former is being executed with normal user privileges.

That said, when RadeonPro is being executed in default mode, most games (usually Multiplayer ones that requires user authentication) are not detected by RadeonPro because they are launched with elevated privileges.

In order to give access to those programs executed with elevated privileges you must execute RadeonPro with elevated privileges as well, but doing so defeats the detection of normal user account games.

A more hardcore (and not recommended) solution is disable UAC in Windows.

FYI: RadeonPro 2.x does not suffer from that limitation, though it is still in development and not available for public at this moment.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 03:03 AM
RE: My game is not detected by RadeonPro! Please, read before creating a thread
Thanks.
05-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi John
Perhaps this should be mentioned somewhere in the installation instructions.
Presumably the other way to defeat UAC is simply not to install it in the default directory. Is there any reason not to do this?

(12-15-2013 12:24 PM)John Wrote:  RadeonPro 1.x has a known limitation with some games started using different user credentials. Due to a Windows feature called UAC, most programs and games work in a system space with limited access to system resources in order to protect the operating system from malicious software used to install spyware and other programs without the user acknowledgement.

RadeonPro runs with normal user privileges (the default mode) hence its detection engine is limited to that user space. Games executed using administrator privileges are not detect by RadeonPro when the former is being executed with normal user privileges.

That said, when RadeonPro is being executed in default mode, most games (usually Multiplayer ones that requires user authentication) are not detected by RadeonPro because they are launched with elevated privileges.

In order to give access to those programs executed with elevated privileges you must execute RadeonPro with elevated privileges as well, but doing so defeats the detection of normal user account games.

FYI: RadeonPro 2.x does not suffer from that limitation, though it is still in development and not available for public at this moment.
05-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply! I look forward to 2.x. For now, I just turn off UAC. No big deal. I managed to get Crossfire in Oblivion; still need to tweak. Thanks for that too Cool

(05-11-2014 06:59 PM)sdobson Wrote:  Hi John
Perhaps this should be mentioned somewhere in the installation instructions.
Presumably the other way to defeat UAC is simply not to install it in the default directory. Is there any reason not to do this?

(12-15-2013 12:24 PM)John Wrote:  RadeonPro 1.x has a known limitation with some games started using different user credentials. Due to a Windows feature called UAC, most programs and games work in a system space with limited access to system resources in order to protect the operating system from malicious software used to install spyware and other programs without the user acknowledgement.