Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Black Screen with Cursor in Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

09-05-2013, 04:34 AM
RE: Black Screen with Cursor in Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn
Just an update on my previous comment. The benchmark still works, but it appears that an update has broken FFXIV compatibility with Radeonpro. You'll need to disable API monitoring with FFXIV.exe if you don't want to close Radeonpro every time you launch FFXIV.

As to why this is I haven't a clue, steam's overlay works and I assume various streaming programs still work as well considering the videos showing up on the net.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2013, 03:34 PM
(09-05-2013 04:34 AM)Aether Wrote:  Just an update on my previous comment. The benchmark still works, but it appears that an update has broken FFXIV compatibility with Radeonpro. You'll need to disable API monitoring with FFXIV.exe if you don't want to close Radeonpro every time you launch FFXIV.

As to why this is I haven't a clue, steam's overlay works and I assume various streaming programs still work as well considering the videos showing up on the net.

Yes, I can confirm that RadeonPro seems to no longer be working with RadeonPro. It seems it's some kind of launcher problem.

The error is: "Unable to launch application. Launch using the ffxivboot.exe file.(0)."

Of course, I also added the launcher under the "Launchers" tab.
10-31-2013, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 01:33 PM by RealitySwitch.)
Firstly, thanks for an amazing bit of software - it's the only thing that smoothes out the framerate in FF XIV. Looking forward to the new slick UI and such!

I'm using the 13.11 beta drivers on Windows 8.1 64bit with a 7950 and I find that the first time I log in with RadeonPro active, I get the black screen with (in-game style) mouse cursor. Never seems to get any further. However, if I ctrl-alt-del I can log out (FF XIV will not exit at this point for whatever reason), then log back in & rinse/repeat it works fine.

Hope that helps?!
01-04-2014, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 05:01 AM by Learn2play007.)
Create a new FFXIV application profile if you dont have one already and set the application profile path to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe

On RadeonPro. Goto Launcher Tab of your newly created or pre-existing FFXIV profile.

Set Launcher to

Custom

Set Executable to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot

Set Working Directory to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game

(Your exact paths to those files may vary but your black screen cursor will be gone. Sometimes it returns... Just windows button and logout and login again... no need to Break out of FFXIV and the cursor screen)
01-08-2014, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 07:40 AM by jinu.)
good one ....mental pictures of objects or events are known as Callee save with the caller passing the used registers?
01-08-2014, 10:19 AM
It's no compatible with RP, just add FF XIV executable name to compatibility list and disable API monitoring for it, that way RadeonPro won't interfere with FF.

Try a restart after uninstallation of RP.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
01-29-2014, 12:49 AM
(08-24-2013 08:30 AM)remedy1419 Wrote:  First off, thanks for this awesome software, I just kicked a donation over your way to show my thanks Smile

Anyway, I noticed today with the early access launch of FFXIV ARR that if you try to use RadeonPro to do ANYTHING with this game that it ends up just having a black screen and cursor. It's currently a DX9 game, but will be updated to be DX11 in the coming months.

Try updating your driver (does not happen automatically) and check the dis (if there is one) for required software and install it (again).
02-22-2014, 08:05 PM
(01-04-2014 04:05 AM)Learn2play007 Wrote:  Create a new FFXIV application profile if you dont have one already and set the application profile path to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe

On RadeonPro. Goto Launcher Tab of your newly created or pre-existing FFXIV profile.

Set Launcher to

Custom

Set Executable to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot

Set Working Directory to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game

(Your exact paths to those files may vary but your black screen cursor will be gone. Sometimes it returns... Just windows button and logout and login again... no need to Break out of FFXIV and the cursor screen)

Tried that, didn't worked (CC 14.1 beta, Windows 8.1, 7970x2)

I remember that FFXIV ARR used to work fine with RadeonPro, so I think the issue it's driver related.

Anyway, to get it working I've been doing this way:

With RadeonPro closed, I boot the FFXIV ARR launcher, login and start the game. After the initial logo screen has loaded, I press the Windows key to exit fullscreen, start RadeonPro and click back in the game to go fullscreen.