Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Dynamic Vsync control and global settings on startup

08-18-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Dynamic Vsync control and global settings on startup
yes ok I know some things are out of control for you. But I dont get why it should be applied I just dont see the reason and that bugs me. If it is out of control for you so be it but the text box greying makes me feel I lose control which I dont like.
Well I will annoy you no longer,

Thank you John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 01:53 PM by John.)
Well, I don't think it's too hard to understand, it's just you not trying to understand that if triple-buffering is not enabled then framerate will immediately drop from 60 FPS to 30 FPS when the system can't sustain 60 FPS. RadeonPro uses a threshold of 5% to control when vsync is disabled, without triple-buffering it's not possible to get, for example, 55 FPS, and that would kill DVC function - at least the way it's designed to work.

RadeonPro Users Guide - RadeonPro Features
02-27-2014, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 01:21 PM by sun500.)
Ok i have a similar issue as well, and would like some help around it without opening a new thread.

I too have issue with dynamic vsync, in that matter that once i enabled vsync and applied it to the game profile, no matter what option concerning vsync i choose, it keeps staying applied and i have to turn it off via in-game overlay (shift+home) every time i load BF4. It's really frustrating since dynamic v-sync doesn't even work properly to start with on BF4 x64 for me (sapphire R9 290 stock, win 8.1 x64) and neither does SMAA, but FXAA and SweetFX does (once RP 32/64 is run in administrator mode).

Now i have 2 questions:

Since triple buffering is enabled by default in BF4 and cannot be disabled, and such is the thing with DVS in RP, I somehow suspect that this could be the culprit of issues with V-sync, although im no expert in that area. What i get is basically fps stuck at around 5-10 when DVS is on, and game runs normally when its off, but gives me tearing ofc (90 fps locked). Normal Vsync works, but gives me horrible latencies (usual downside of normal vsync).

Q: Is there a way to get DVS to work properly in BF4 on RP, and if so, what settings should i tick/untick (tried lock fps aswell as setting manual monitor frequency in RP options, to no awail) .

Q2: is there a way to get SMAA working in DX11 atm, or is it just related to this specific game?

Thanks !
06-20-2014, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 05:38 PM by thatguy88.)
I know this thread is old but I want to add in my two cents. I'm also playing bf4 and would love to have dynamic vsync on with out having triple buffering forced on... why you ask? I get that triple buffering with vsync is great for smooth and high fps. But some players are going for minimal display lag! Like me. I use global settings dynamic vsync and triple buffering off work very well to keep the display lag down in other games like MWO. Now if I were playing RP games like skyrim or something that didn't require minimal lag you bet I'd triple buffering!

I know it sounds crazy but I, and I know I'm not the only one, would take 30 fps always over having triple buffs extra latency. In a competitive FPS world, some players want less! I think that what the first guy was trying to get at...

Besides I thought your program was more about having control... control you can't get through CCC. We can do it in global settings and it works very well for what I want out of it. What would be the harm in letting us disable triple buffering in profiles? Just saying it would be nice if could give us that control that no other program provides but yours. It helps the individual get his or her config just right.

For now I made a profile for bf4 with dynamic vsync off simply cause Ill take the page tearing and low fps over triple buffering in a FPS any time!

John I hope you see this and take it in to consideration ty!
06-24-2014, 02:42 AM
(06-20-2014 05:36 PM)thatguy88 Wrote:  I know this thread is old but I want to add in my two cents. I'm also playing bf4 and would love to have dynamic vsync on with out having triple buffering forced on... why you ask? I get that triple buffering with vsync is great for smooth and high fps. But some players are going for minimal display lag! Like me. I use global settings dynamic vsync and triple buffering off work very well to keep the display lag down in other games like MWO. Now if I were playing RP games like skyrim or something that didn't require minimal lag you bet I'd triple buffering!

I know it sounds crazy but I, and I know I'm not the only one, would take 30 fps always over having triple buffs extra latency. In a competitive FPS world, some players want less! I think that what the first guy was trying to get at...

Besides I thought your program was more about having control... control you can't get through CCC. We can do it in global settings and it works very well for what I want out of it. What would be the harm in letting us disable triple buffering in profiles? Just saying it would be nice if could give us that control that no other program provides but yours. It helps the individual get his or her config just right.

For now I made a profile for bf4 with dynamic vsync off simply cause Ill take the page tearing and low fps over triple buffering in a FPS any time!

John I hope you see this and take it in to consideration ty!

RadeonPro is dead, unfortunately, at least as far as any fixes/updates go. He's now working for AMD and their proprietary software, so it's utmost unlikely they'd let him work on personal software that "tweaks" with their product line.